Thursday, January 10, 2013

Holidays

Like everyone, I love holidays, but I only have 4 more days left and then I'm back to work for another year.  Holidays always go by so quickly don't they. I never went away - just stayed around home for 3 weeks.  I had two day trips to Gore Bay and Akaroa yesterday and that is about it.  Here are some photos of Gore Bay and Akaroa with my favourite tree, the Pohutukawa, flowering in both places, my gorgeous wee nieces in Akaroa, my sister's homemade vanilla icecream, the amazing lemon mascarpone gelato I had in Akaroa yesterday which totally blew my mind (probably the best gelato I've had apart from the first ever gelato I tried in Venice which was also lemon! Yes Amy I'm sure you remember it too), the pissaladiere which I made for lunch to take to Akaroa (out of Annabel Langbein's Simple Pleasures cookbook). 
 
And yes no fashion posts!  I'm not doing so well for my New Year's blog resolution which was to feature more fashion.  Must try harder.
 
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer holidays down under.  Must say it's pretty darn windy today and the sound of the wind kept me up all night last night. Looked at the clock and it was 4am.  Good day to get washing dry though haha - must look on the positive side I guess! I went to the local laundromat to wash my bed linen. My comforter and blankets etc are way too big to put in the washing machine so it was quite handy. It's so strange to think we have a laundromat here, as it's not something New Zealanders use much. It used to be in a line of shops but they have since been demolished and so it lives in a metal shed like a lot of shops these days.  So I spent part of my afternoon sitting in a shed washing my bed linen. My blanket is dry already - only took about 10 minutes to dry. Crazy - though it is 31 degrees outside and very very windy.

The one thing about a wind like this - always makes me think of Mary Poppins or the movie Chocolat.  Like a wind like this brings some sort of magic...
 
Don't get blown away!
 
IMG_0059.3
IMG_0073
IMG_9969.3
IMG_9925.3
IMG_9913.3
IMG_9910
IMG_0061
IMG_0232.4
IMG_0255.3
IMG_0277.3
IMG_0265.3
IMG_9809.3
IMG_0165
IMG_0117.3
IMG_0094.3
IMG_0306.3
IMG_0304.4
IMG_0228.3
IMG_0301.4

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos Melissa, Love the Beach pic and the window box.

    ReplyDelete