The kind you find in an icecream store, raspberry sorbet I think I loooooove you!
Raspberry Sorbet Recipe
6 cups raspberries - fresh or frozen (I used fresh ones)
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat water and sugar in a small saucepan at a medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat, set aside and let it cool.
- Place the raspberries and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth - about 1 minute.
- Strain the raspberry mixture through a fine sieve, pressing down on the solids and scraping the inside of the sieve with either a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until mostly seeds remain.
- Whisk the sugar syrup into the raspberry puree. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place into a deep container - or use a loaf tin - and put into the freezer.
- Whisk every 30 minutes for a couple of hours to stop the mixture from crystalising.
- Place in food processor 2 hours before serving - process and place back into container and freeze once more. This will make the sorbet nice and smooth. The first time I tried it, it was too crunchy for my liking and whizzing it up 2 hours before makes it creamy and smooth.